Proxmox Server Installation
- Run the Proxmox installer and press enter
- Click I Agree
- Click Next
- Enter desired Country and timezone.
- Enter Desired Password and Email the click next
- Enter desired hostname and IP Addresses then click next.
- Connect to any java enabled browser using the server’s IP Address.
- Before creating a Virtual Machine, Copy first a desired OS installer to server's /var/lib/vz/template/iso/.
- Then Go to the Proxmox GUI and Click Virtual Machines.
- Click Create.
- Select "Fully Virtualized (KVM) under Type.
- Select the copied OS Image under Installation Media.
- Change the Disk Space(GB) according to your dedired hard disk size.
- You can also change the Memory (MB) according to your server's needs.
- Just check the start at boot if you prefer your virtualized server to start automatically during the boot of proxmox.
- Then click create.
- Click List and select your newly created VM.
- Click start under Status and Click "Open VNC console" to start the installation of your virtualized server.
- Configure and done.
To add the other network cards that you added to your virtualized server:
- Click System.
- Click Interface Configuration and select "create bridge device".
- Under the Bridge ports, input the desired eth to use.
- Click save
5 tips for deciding whether to virtualize a server
1. 1: Take a hardware inventory
If you're thinking about virtualizing one of your physical servers, First you begin by performing a hardware inventory of the server. Find out up front whether the server has any specialized hardware that can't be replicated in the virtual world.
2 2. Take a software inventory
Take a full software inventory of the server before attempting to virtualize it. In a virtualized environment, all the virtual servers run on a host server. This host server has a finite pool of hardware resources that must be shared among all the virtual machines that are running on the server as well as by the host operating system.
3.3. Benchmark the system's performance
4.4. Check the support policy
5.5. Perform a trial virtualization
Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:
This page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service
- ▼ February (6)